25 New Year’s Resolutions Only Scuba Divers Make
DECEMBER 22, 2015
It’s that time of the year again, folks. The time where we all vow to improve ourselves — one way or another — and get a fresh start with the onset of a new year! You’ve heard the repeat offenders (and probably made them yourself, be honest): lose weight, quit smoking, eat healthier, save money, drink less… the list goes on. So here at Scuba Diving magazine, we decided to come up with a list of our own! You know you’re a diver when…
A Diver’s List of New Year’s Resolutions
- I will stop taking so many underwater selfies.
- I will stop calling freedivers “snorkelers” behind their back.
- I will visit a new local dive site.
- I will dive more often to help manage stress.
- I will stop exaggerating the size of that whale shark I saw that one time (EVEN THOUGH IT WAS HUGE).
- I’ll stop referring to the beginners on the boat as “chum.”
- I will find a new dive buddy — but forever love my old one.
- I will not have any drinks the night before a dive.
- I will get another certification: Advanced, Nitrox, Cave Diving, Wreck Diving….
- I will ACTUALLY take that refresher course this year.
- I will finally edit all of my underwater video footage.
- I will learn a new skill. Maybe underwater photography….
- I’ll exchange my mother-in-law’s gift certificate for a shark-feeder program.
- I will take part in a Dive Against Debris.
- I will stop peeing in my wetsuit when my buddy is swimming under me.
- I will not laugh every time somebody on a dive boat uses the words “safety sausage” or “offgas”.
- I will finally start saving for my dream dive destination.
- I will subscribe to Scuba Diving magazine. 😉
- I will attend a diving-related function.
- I will stop tugging on sharks’ fins with my one good hand.
- I will join a local diving club.
- I will update my equipment.
- I will encourage my family to dive.
- I will come back in the same dive boat I left in.
- I will practice my emergency skills at least twice this year.